|Preparation for a PET exam:
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water for 4-6 hours before your exam because it could interfere with the results; don’t even chew gum.
- If you take medication, drink only enough plain water to swallow them.
- If you’ve been advised not to take your medications on an empty stomach, eat nothing more than a few soda crackers within 4-6 hours of your exam.
- Avoid unnecessary physical activity on the day of the exam.
- Wear warm, comfortable clothing, avoid metal buttons on shirts and please leave your jewelry at home.
- If you will be taking any medications for anxiety or claustrophobia please bring someone with you to drive home.
- If you have questions, please call as early as possible.
- If you must cancel, please do so at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.