If you have any questions don't worry about getting answers. A technologist will contact you the day before your scan. PET is an excellent diagnostic exam and greatly enhances the ability to decide what care is best for you. Our goal is to prepare you for a comfortable procedure and produce the finest images for your doctor's review.
- Your exam will usually be scheduled before 9:00am.
- Do not eat anything for 6 hours prior to the exam, no gum, candy, breath mints or cough drops.
- Your blood sugar needs to be below 160.
- If you begin to feel sick and attribute this to a drop in blood sugar, eat a few saltine crackers and elevate your legs.
- Take medications as normal.
- You may drink plenty of water or unsweetened tea.
- Limit physical activity.
- The night before your PET examiniation eat a low-carb dinner, no breads, rice, potatoes or pasta.
- Wear socks and warm clothes, it sometimes can be chilly on the scanner.
- Test takes two hours from start to finish.
We look forward to meeting you. Please call us at (727) 847-5122 if we can be of more assistance.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION.